Blocking ads on YT is very hard because Google uses encryption and randomly generated hosts to serve the ads. Therefore, it's much easier to block ads within a YouTube app than with an external tool (like Blokada). NewPipe and YouTube Vanced are featureful, great alternatives to the official YouTube application; please check which fits better for you.
Articles in this section
- Blokada doesn't block ads at all
- Blokada doesn't block ads on mobile
- I cannot start Blokada after I installed it
- Blokada blocks less ads
- Blokada doesn't block ads in Chrome
- Ads in YouTube aren't blocked!
- I can't import EasyList/AdBlock Plus list into Blokada
- Blokada stops to function/work after a while
- Can I hide the VPN notification?
- I cannot install an update, what can I do?